Departments of the Assembly
Mr Isaac Godwin Acquaah-Arhin
District Education Director
The Directorate exists to provide relevant quality education and training to all children of school going age at the pre-tertiary level through efficient, effective management and supervision.
To be a model district directorate viable, resourceful, offering quality education and meeting educational needs of all school going children through teamwork.
District Health Director
We are the Ghana Health Services, the services delivery agency under the Ministry of Health, established in 1996 by an Act of Parliament, Act 525
To provide quality health service responsive to the needs of all persons living in Ghana by implementing approved Health Sector policies, increase access to priority health services and manage prudently resources available for provision of health services
We envision people living in Ghana live longer and are healthier, wealthier and happier
NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION
Mr Razak Ibrahim
District NADMO Coordinatior
The Mission of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) is to manage disasters by coordinating the resources of government institutions and non-governmental agencies, develop the capacity of voluntary community-based organization to respond effectively to similar emergencies and improve livelihood through social mobilization, employment generation and poverty reduction projects.
The Disaster Management Vision is to reduce the risk of people, especially the poor and disadvantaged from the effects of natural, environmental and human induced hazards by coordinating the resources of Government Institutions and Non-Governmental Agencies and the Private Sector, and developing the capacity of individuals and Communities on the Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery from disasters.
The objectives of the National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP) are;
*To implement disaster management programmes at the district and zonal levels.
*Pursue the vision and goals of disaster management.
*Create a cohesive and well-coordinated programming framework incorporating Government Agencies and
Departments, Non-Governmental Organizations and the Private Sector.
*To develop the capacity of communities on Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery from disasters.
- Leads in strategic planning, efficient integration and implementation of public policies and programmes to achieving sustainable economic growth and development;
- Efficiently administer the resources of the Class and supervise the staff;
- Ensure that field activities are efficiently performed to produce desired output.
- Maintains and sustains landscape beautification of built up and natural environment as well as state prestige projects with good management programmes;
- Develops public parks for ecotourism and recreation;
- Formulates goals and standards relating to the use and development of land;
- Designs plans and proposals to help in the development of urban and rural settlements;
- Advises Assembly and the private sector on sound physical development programmes.
- Assists awareness creation on human settlement and spatial development policies;
- Facilitate and participate in research activities;
- Reviews human settlement development guidelines and policies periodically; and
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of infrastructural development in the Awutu Senya District Assembly.
FINANCE / ACCOUNTS
The Accounts Team
- They are responsible for the management of financial administration, develops corporate investment portfolio and ensures effective credit control.
- They develop the work program of the finance department to ensure effective job performance
- They also prepares annual pro-financial statements and ensure judicious use of funds in accordance with official procedure.
- They develop financial policies and procedures for planning, controlling and monitoring financial transactions.
HUMAN RESOURCE UNIT
The Human Resource Unit is mainly responsible for managing, developing capabilities and competencies of each staff as well coordinating human resources management program to efficiently deliver public services at the Awutu Senya District Assembly.
- Preparation of Annual Plan and Review of quarterly procurement plan
- Procurement of goods, works and services are procured in accordance with the Public Procurement Act 2003 (ACT 663) and 2016 (Act 914).
- Preparation of Tender documents for goods and works
- Request for Expression of Interest
- Evaluation of Bids and Negotiations of goods works and services
- Preparation of contract documents
- Advises on policy plans, programmes and projects for agricultural development;
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation of district projects within the framework of national policy;
- Coordinate the activities of the district agricultural development units;
- Facilitate the preparation of agricultural development plans, programme and budget;
- Ensure preparation of consolidated annual, regional and district agricultural work programmes;
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of reports on all agricultural projects and programmes;
- Provides technical advice to the Regional Coordinating Councils and the District Assemblies;
- Facilitate efficient utilization of resources for agricultural programmes and projects;
- Provide agricultural services to clients.
DISTRICT WIRELESS ROOM
The District wireless room comprises of two (2) technical operations that are well equipped and skilled at receiving and transmitting wireless messages.The office is also known as ‘’SECRET ROOM’’ where messages are safely kept from falling into the wrong hands.
Officers In Charge
- Bright Bonney Appiah(Snr Radio Operation)
- Samuel k. Nkrumah(Radio Operation)
- They assist the assembly to formulate policies on works within the frame work of national policies.
- They assist to establish and specify the programmes of action necessary for the implementation of physical plans.
- They assist to prepare tender document for all civil works projects to be undertaken by the assembly through contract or community initiated projects.
- They facilitate the construction, repair and maintenance of public roads and drains along any street in the major settlement in the district.
- Encourage and facilitate maintenance of public buildings and facilities in the district
- Assist to build, equip and maintain markets and prohibits the erection of stores in places other than the market
- Preparation and Reviewing of Annual Composite Budget and Fee Fixing
- Monitoring, Tracking and Reporting of Revenue and expenditure
- Provide technical advice to the Assembly and management on effective revenue mobilization and prudent expenditure
- Issuing of warrant to cover government expenditure
INFORMATION SERVICES/ PR UNIT
- The main function of this department is Information dissemination. That is, the information officers communication the programs and projects of the government and that of the District Assembly through the use of the local media, the information van and durbar holdings.
- Create communication platforms for the public to enhance participation in policy making process.
- Develop feedback mechanism between the District Assembly and the public.
- Prepares reports on every activity and events as and when they unfold.
CENTRE FOR NATIONAL CULTURE
The department of the Centre for National Culture (CNC), Awutu Senya District is mandated to, among others, liaise with the District Assembly, the Ghana Education Services, NGO’s, Agencies, the traditional council, individuals, various clubs, associations and other stake holders towards the implementation of the cultural policy of Ghana.
- Preserve and conserve Ghanaian culture
- Promote indigenous cultural values.
- Upholding traditional ethnics and practices
- Sustenance and modernization of traditional institutions.
SOCIAL WELFARE &
LIST OF SOCIAL SERVICES BY THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WELFARE
AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
SOCIAL WELFARE UNIT
The office in Awutu Senya District seeks to integrate the vulnerable/disadvantaged – persons with disabilities (PWDs), single parents and teenage mothers, elderly and persons with special needs etc in the various communities into the main stream of development through the departments three (3) core programs.
1. Child Right Promotion and Protection (CRPP)
2. Community Care (CC)
3. Justice administration (JA)
CHILD RIGHT PROMOTION AND PROTECTION
HANDLING OF CHILD PROTECTION CASE, THUS, CHILD MAINTENANCE, FAMILY WELFARE AND RECONCILIATION, CHILD WELFARE
ATTEND TO CHILDREN IN NEED OF CARE AND PROTECTION
SENSITIZATION ON SEXUAL AND GENDER BASED VIOLENCE
SENSITIZATION ON CHILD LABOUR
SENSITIZATION AND MONITORING OF DAY CARE CENTRES
REGISTRATION AND MONITORING OF ACTIVITIES OF ORPHANAGES IN THE DISTRICT
MOBILIZATION AND MONITORING OF LEAP PAYMENT
IDENTIFYING AND REGISTRATION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (PWD)
SUPPORT PERSONS WITH DISABILITY WITH WORKING TOOLS OR WORKING CAPITAL TO ENGAGE IN AN INCOME GENERATING ACTIVITIES
MOBILIZE INDIGENTS/VULNERABLE FOR THE REGISTRATION AND RENEWAL OF NHIS
EXTEND OUR SERVICES TO NON – GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS IN RENDERING ASSISTANCE TO THE NEEDY AND VULNERABLE
REGISTRATION OF NON – GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS.
WOMEN GROUP (TRAINING OF INCOME GENERATING ACTIVITIES)
CREATION OF VILLAGE SAVINGS AND LOANS
The principal objective of the Social Welfare and Community Development Class is to promote and implement government policies and public services that can substantially improve social inclusion, development of people and communities.
FOR CIVIC EDUCATION
The Commission work to promote and sustain democracy and inculcate in citizenry the awareness of their rights and obligations, through civic education.
Civic education teaches us what we as citizens can do to protect and support our democracy. Through civic education, we come to understand our role and responsibility as active citizens.